We’re officially obsessing over recurring mane muse Karlie Kloss’ first Glamour UK cover. With a hint of glam from makeup genius Hung Vanngo, the 23 year-old (who, at age 17, walked 31 runways in her first NYFW) looks relaxed, confident and mature as she poses in an oh-so-flattering, fitted athleisure mini. Her hair, however, is the true star of the cover. Syd Hayes, UK Ambassador for Loreal Paris & Director of Q Cut, blessed us with a stunning example of a red carpet-ready braid hairstyle. Giving off major old-Hollywood vibes, the deep side part and voluminous side-swept curl taper seamlessly into a long, lovely boho braid. To finish, Hayes merged the two styles to create an effortless ‘do with lived-in texture throughout. Boho-glam brides, rejoice—below, we break down the steps and products needed to recreate the cover girl’s mane.
GET THE LOOK: BOHO BRAID
- Start with damp hair and styling mousse (like the soft-mousse from OUAI haircare).
- Add volume and curl to a large section of hair near your crown, using rollers like these self-grip ones from Dry Bar.
- Once your hair is dry, flip over and shake out the curls then, focusing on the bottom half then add in some styling creme.
- With you curls all on one side of a deep part, gather you hair into a loose braid, beginning about halfway then secure at the end with a small elastic.
- Pull out some small pieces near your crown/ears and finish with a dry texturizing spray.
Get more braid inspo, here.