There’s no doubt that Kate Winslet will always be our leading lady. With hair as captivating as her on-screen performance, she stunned on this weekend’s red carpet for the SAG Awards. Mane Master Renato Campora shares how to recreate her knotted chignon below.
GET THE LOOK:
- Prep damp hair with a mousse to enhance volume and then apply a hair oil to the ends to lock in moisture like Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Hydrocream Whip that controls texture and MarulaOil Rare Treatment Oil to tame flyaways for a sleek blowout.
- Dry hair in sections. Renato used the Neuro Motion Dryer for efficient styling and once dry, created a dramatic side part separating the top section of hair and securing the bottom section into a low ponytail.
- Separate the ponytail into four pieces and begin twisting the hair and wrapping pieces around each other to create the base of the chignon.
- Twist side to side with the top section of hair blending into the chignon already in place and enhance the texture of the twists with a texturizing spray like, Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Texturizing Sea Spray to create movement in the hair.
- Secure the chignon with bobby pins and a strong, long-lasting hairspray. Renato likes the Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Finishing Spray, as it leaves hair secure but not stiff. Complete the look with a shine spray (Awapuhi Wild Ginger Shine Spray) for a glossy finish.