and in the meantime enjoy one of her favorite recipes below.
Sweet potato souffle
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly butter two large ramekins.
2. Quarter 6 sweet potatoes and boil until soft. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
3. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, remove skins, then mash with a handheld mixer until smooth.
4. Add 1 cup melted, unsalted butter, ½ pound light brown sugar, 2 cups white sugar, one 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 teaspoon nutmeg. Blend well.
5. In a separate bowl, beat 6 eggs until pale yellow, then fold into the potato mixture.
6. Divide mixture between prepared ramekins, and bake about 1 hour. When done, the mixture puffs a little and doesn’t wobble when shaken gently. Serve with fresh whipped cream on the side.