We’re normally all about long, flowing tresses as the temperature heats up, but Kerry Washington just made the case for chopping it all off and going sleek for the season. The Met Gala is the Oscars of the fashion world and the beauty looks are always on point too—with celebrities like the Scandal star going all out in complete departures from their red carpet go-tos.
We could not take our eyes off of her on the carpet: especially as Kerry was one of the few who actually committed to the night’s Rei Kawakubo x Comme des Garçons theme for the evening. Famed stylist Takisha Sturdivant-Drew was the brain behind her mane, so she found a way to perfectly complement Kerry’s custom black cutout Michael Kors Collection gown with silver patchwork embroidery.
“From the moment I saw Kerry in her Michael Kors dress, I felt her hair should be sleek and short with bangs,” Drew told Mane Addicts. “The dress had a lot of details in it so I wanted to style her hair in a sleek, edgy way. By keeping her hair short, it complemented the patchwork and collage textiles in the dress in an effortless way.” Here, a how-to guide for how you can get Kerry’s style.
HOW TO: KERRY WASHINGTON’S SLEEK BOB
- Shampoo hair with the Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo to remove any buildup. Then, moisturize the hair with the Neutrogena Triple Repair Deep Recovery Hair Mask to soften it and add beautiful shine.
- Blow dry hair with the Remington T|Studio Ceramic Blow Dryer to smooth strands out easily and leave the hair silky without damaging it.
- Clip in TSD Hair Extensions and razor cut the hair into a messy short bob. Then, use scissors to give the bangs that sharp finish.
- Part hair down the middle, separate into large sections, and flat iron hair with the Remington T|Studio Ceramic Flat Iron. The great part about this flat iron is that it will leave the hair healthy. This flat iron adds a beautiful shine to the hair while also adding body.
- To finish off the hairstyle, style the hair into an effortlessly chic, bob with bangs. Cut the right side a little shorter and keep the left side a little longer.