We’d like to present the Best Oscars Mane Award to Lady Gaga, because holy high-voltage glam, we are gagging for the Hair Gods. Last night’s red carpet wouldn’t be the same without the sculpted waves Frederic Aspiras made out of Mother Monster’s buttery-blonde strands. The sexy, vintage look features cascades that dip and drop so good, you very well could slide down them. Here, Aspiras’ steps, including the products he used, to create Gaga’s gorgeous mane.
GET THE LOOK: HAIR PREP
- Wash hair with Pai-Shau Replenishing Hair Cleanser and rinse thoroughly.
- Apply Pai-Shau Replenishing Cream Conditioner on the mid shaft to the ends. For medium to coarse hair types, Aspiras suggests using Pai-Shau Hydrating Ritual Supreme Revitalizing Mask.
- Apply Pai-Shau Biphasic Infusion to towel-blotted hair. Make sure to first shake the bottle to activate the product.
- Apply Pai-Shau Royal Abundance Mousse from the roots to the ends.
- Blow dry the hair with a boar bristle round brush making sure that the hair is voluminous and smooth.
- Beginning at the front of the hairline, apply Pai-Shau Royal Abundance Mousse to the first section of hair and curl with a curling iron (1″ iron for the front hairline section; 1 1/4″ iron for the crown down to the nape). Hold the curled piece of hair in your hand and apply Pai-Shau Royal Abundance Mousse to it, then pin the curl in place.
- Once all of the hair is pin curled, put under a dryer hood for 15 minutes. Then let the hair cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pins from the hair and brush out the hair.
- Begin sculpting the hair with Pai-Shau Style Soufflé and a wide tooth comb.
- Once you have achieved your desired look, apply a small amount of Pai-Shau Biphasic Infusion to the ends for added smoothness.
- Finish with Pai-Shau Imperial Hold Hairspray.
Are you goo-goo for Gaga’s waves? Sound off below!