British blogger and mom Louise Roe’s bronde hair hue is every brunette’s “blonde” dream, the closest to finding out if blondes have more fun without the damage-induced brittle. Yet despite balayage techniques involving only a few strokes of bleach, the breakage and drying effects it can have on locks is lasting. Moroccanoil celebrity colorist Lorri Goddard, however, found a way around that hairy situation. Ahead, find out Goddard’s in-detail formula for taking Roe bronde, and her secrets to keeping her clients’ hair healthy before, during, and after the color process.
Louise Roe Bronde Hair Formula
- Spray hair with Moroccanoil Prime Spray
- Part hair off ear to ear in three sections (I highlight nape forward)
- Mix 1 scoop of Solaris and 30 volume creme developer add a 1/4 tsp of sunflower oil to keep creamy and no lumps
- Balayage fine thread size highlights starting approximately 1 inch from scalp through the ends
- At the crown, mix 40 volume creme developer
- And a scoop of Solaris and a 1/4 tsp of sunflower oil, continue preferred formation (I like to keep super fine, about 1/2 inch from scalp, and BOLD IT UP through the ends to give a natural beachy feel)
- After hair lifts to almost baby blonde, rinse hair well. At bowl, paint scalp 2 inches out with Pravana 7.1 30 volume on part and face frame ONLY (scalp 2 inches out) then RINSE IMMEDIATELY (hold ends up so nothing grabs on highlights!)
- Then gloss it up with Richesse 8.02
- Apply on scalp through 3 inches out for four minutes then push it through the ends and distribute with comb for another one minute.
Maintaining the Hair’s Integrity
- These are my favourite tools (I always cut my brush down a bit to keep it firm for more control with my balayage)
- I always Moroccanoil Color Complete Prime BEFORE I start my clients colour
- This sunflower oil is awesome and mixes up with ease so Solaris highlight bleach has a better consistency (just a little bit goes a long way!)
- Moroccanoil Color Continue Shampoo (and home use Color Continue Conditioner, not shown in picture)
- Professional-use only Moroccanoil Color Complete Post treatment
- I love this Moroccanoil Color Complete Protect & Prevent Spray, it fights fade and does not weigh down hair
Keeping the Color Fresh
My clients and I shampoo with Moroccanoil Colour Complete Shampoo and Conditioner, and to truly stop colour fade always follow up with Moroccanoil Color Complete Protect & Prevent Spray.