Game of Thrones’ Maisie William’s looked fresh and stylish with bold turquoise eye makeup paired with eyebrow grazing bangs and a super high topknot at this weekend’s Emmy Awards. With hair by Ryan Richman for Dove Hair, Maisie was ready to take on her first Emmy nomination.
“Given the high neckline of Maisie’s gorgeous custom gown, we knew we needed to pull it up,” he explains. “Maisie and I had chatted about bangs before, so I showed her some reference images and she loved the idea of adding this fun clip-in bang piece to finish the style.”
GET THE LOOK:
- I prepped damp hair with Dove Style+Care Volume Amplifier Mousse, using the palms of my hands to distribute the product from root to tips.
- I then split the hair in to four pie-shaped sections. Using a mixed bristle oval brush and my blow dryer, I began drying the hair in an upward direction towards the top of the head.
- After finishing each section, I secured it with clips to hold the hair tight against the scalp with the ends pointed towards the crown of the head.
- When the hair was dry, I released the clips and sprayed the hair with Dove Style+Care Flexible Hold Hairspray, before brushing the hair up towards the high point of the head and securing with an elastic to create a ponytail. *Tip: Spray Dove Style+Care Flexible HoldIHairspray on your brush before you style into a ponytail or topknot to tame fly aways while you brush!
- I then sprayed the ponytail with Dove Refresh+Care Volume & Fullness Dry Shampoo and back combed it with a brush to absorb oil and add fullness to my top knot. I then twisted the ponytail around itself and used a few hair pins to secure the hair into a top knot.
- Finally, to add an edgy and cool touch to my top knot, I clipped on a textured bang piece to the front of the style.