Getting ready for any award show seems like a day of chaos. We imagine running around, gathering supplies, dealing with parking and traffic, figuring out the look, etc, etc, etc. However when it came to the morning of the SAG Awards, Ryan Richman seemed unusually calm. When we asked him what he did before primping Maisie Williams for her red carpet debut, it sounded like an ideal Sunday morning routine: “I woke up at 5:30 am and went on a 30 mile bike ride. I then spent the morning with my kids and wife having breakfast, watching cartoons, and doing a puzzle.” Perhaps his amazing work-life balance and go-getter attitude is what keeps him on top of his hair game when prepping the tresses of starlets like Sarah Hyland, Sabrina Carpenter, Ashley Tisdale, and more. Below, Ryan relays a few award show tidbits before breaking down Maisie’s glamorous old Hollywood waves.
Fill in the blank—The SAG Awards glam sesh with Maisie is like…
“Ordering off the kids menu at a five star hotel. Actually, that’s exactly how we roll.”
What was the inspiration behind her look?
“We all new instantly we wanted a classic look after seeing Maisie’s pink dress. It was the perfect silhouette and color to recreate our old Hollywood dreams.”
Describe Maisie’s hairstyle in one word.
GET THE LOOK:
- “I washed hair with MOP Lemongrass Volume Shampoo to help “fatten up” the hair. On damp hair I applied a generous amount of MOP Lemongrass Volume Whip to add Volume throughout the style and to protect against heat.
- Using a medium boar bristle round brush and my Revlon Soft Feel AC Motor Dryer, I blow dried one inch sections, lifting at the root for maximum volume.
- I created a deep side part with a comb and began to curl the hair with my Revlon Pro Collection 1″ Soft Feel Curling Iron, curling the hair toward the face for a retro feel. After curling I sprayed the hair with MOP C-System Firm Finish Hairspray to hold the curl.
- Using a gentle scalp brush I brushed through the curls pulling them back off of the face to create uniformed and soft old Hollywood wave.
- To finish, I applied a dime size amount of MOP Orange Peel Molding Cream to my finger tips to clean up the hair line, smooth fly aways, and define texture by running my hands over the style gently. I then tucked the small side of the part behind the ear and secured with a bobby pin.”
What do you think of Maisie’s ‘do? Sound off in the comments below!