We look to the runways for a lot of things: new RTW collections, new beauty product launches, trends and most importantly for the Mane Addicts: hair inspiration. And the hair at Carolina Herrera’s fall 2018 show brought just that – specifically for anyone who will be attending a wedding this season. For the models with longer hair, Mane Master and TRÉSemme NYFW Stylist Odile Gilbert created flirty, low, messy chignons with a center part backstage at the show that took place at New York’s Museum of Modern Art. For the textured curly girls and those with shorter cuts, Odile had them rock their natural styles down the runway.
Odile described the inspiration for the look as “a young girl with a classic chignon that is a little messy, not too well done… a little bit like a young girl would do it.” The stylist went on to add that the key to getting the romantic look is “It is important not to twist the hair too tight to the head. Keep it loose and don’t worry if some hairs come free.” The romantic chignons were paired with a navy blue smoky eye by MAC artist Diane Kendal and of course, elegant A-line gowns and skirts paired with white oxford shirts that were shown in a palette of reds, yellows and blues that made up Mrs. Herrera’s last collection before she hands the reigns over to Wes Gordon.
Whether you are a bride, bridesmaid, wedding guest or hair stylist looking for bridal hair inspo, keep reading to find out how to get the hair at Carolina Herrera so you can be the best tressed person this #weddingszn.
- TRÉSemme Keratin Smooth Heat Protect Spray
- TRÉSemme Volumizing Dry Shampoo
- The newly launched TRÉSemme Compressed Micro-Mist Hair Spray Hold Level 3: Boost
- blow dryer
- bobby pins
- Part the hair in the center and separate the back into three sections. Tie a hair elastic around the middle section to create a low ponytail. Twist the two front sections inwards toward the base of your ponytail and secure with bobby pins.
- Twist the ponytail into a loose bun at the nape of the neck and pin in place – messy is ok. Want added texture? Spray the ponytail with TRÉSemme Volumizing Dry Shampoo and tease before creating the bun.
- Set the look with TRÉSemme Compressed Micro-Mist Hair Spray to keep the look in place without creating stiffness.