Fuchsia, fur, and floral-embellished everything made for a groovy exhibit at Tanya Taylor FW16.
A playful graphic flower print popped up on matching leather coats and gloves, as well as fluid frocks and leggings.
70s vibrations carried over to the models’ manes. To achieve locks à la “slightly frayed from napping in the grass of a secret garden,” Bumble and bumble stylist Allen Wood created ruffled hair with roughed-up ends. Keep reading for Wood’s steps to recreating the retro bedhead.
GET THE LOOK:
- Take large sections of hair and dampen with Bumble and bumble Prep. Depending on hair type, mist with Bumble and bumble Surf Spray or Surf Foam Spray Blow Dry (launching in April 2016).
- Twist and coil the sections and blow dry thoroughly. Continue to section hair and blow dry throughout.
- Once all hair is dry, break apart each twisted section with fingertips and apply a small amount of Bumble and bumble Prêt-à-powder to rough-up and “fray” the twists.
- Spray Bumble and bumble Dryspun Finish throughout, making sure to massage a little into the crown to give a slept-in feel. F
- Finish with Bumble and bumble Does It All Hairspray throughout.
Follow us @maneaddicts for more #mane coverage at NYFW.