Summer is finally here and it’s time to grab your mane must haves and soak up some sun!
With the harmful UV rays beaming, it’s important to lay off the hot tools and give your hair a break from the heat styling damage.
Whether you’re heading to the beach, pool, or just want a sweat proof ‘do, we’ve gathered our favorite summer approved styles!
NO HEAT BEACH WAVES
All you’ll need for this effortless style is a couple of bobby pins and a sea salt spray.
- Part damp hair the evening before to your natural part, creating two sections down the nape of the neck.
- Mist generously with Sachajuan Ocean Mist.
- Take one section at your ear and begin twisting from your mid lengths to ends.
- Bring twisted section of hair up to your scalp and secure with bobby pins.
- Repeat on other side.
- Sleep with your hair pinned, then take out in the morning and use your fingers to loosen the waves.
NATURAL HAIR BRAIDED HEADBAND
This one is for all you natural and curly haired ladies!
- With damp or air dried hair, create a section on hair two inches from the front hairline and from each to ear.
- French braid just this piece, then pin to secure.
- Run a curl smoothing cream through the rest of your hair and embrace your natural texture!
REVERSE BRAIDED TOP KNOT
This heatless pony can be worn right out of the shower!
- Create two sections with your hair, one below where you would like your topknot to sit and one above. Clip away the above section.
- Flip your head upside down and create a french braid working up your head starting at the nape of the neck.
- Secure braid with a hair elastic and flip head right side up.
- Unclip the top section and gather remaining hair to combine with your pony.
- Twist the pony and use french pins to secure into a stylish topknot!
THE HEATLESS BLOWOUT
Fake a voluminous blowout and fine something else to do while your hair dries.
- Towel dry clean damp hair spray generously with a texture spray.
- Section hair: one from center parting to ear, a mohawk section, and 2-3 horizontal sections in the back of your head.
- In the back, use your fingers to create pincurls on 1 inch sections of hair, securing each with a pin curl clip.
- On the front sections, curl the hair away from the face and secure.
- Once the entire head as been pinned away, mist with hairspray and let dry naturally.
- When dry, unclip hair and brush through with fingers.
What’s your favorite way to style your hair without heat? Sound off in the comments!