After the vivid colors and florals we saw at DVF, we were psyched to see Rodarte’s wintry designs complete with lace, fringe, and fur! Inspired by the word of poets and natural beauty, Kate and Laura Mulleavy’s presentation for spring exudes fashion trends for Fall that we can’t wait to try! On key hair, Mane Master and hair legend Odile Gilbert embraced the models’ individuality to create naturally beautiful, authentic styles. Not only did she part each models’ hair to they way they typically style it, she gave them the freedom to place the floral barrettes wherever they felt most comfortable, resulting in an unpredictable variety that drew attention to the model manes throughout the show.
Odile tells Into the Gloss, “We want to recognize the girl, we don’t want the girl to become a robot. So we’re keeping a lot of the natural texture. The final look is a bit like when you dry the hair naturally. We are not using brushes, we are putting a bit of this Spray à Porter and diffusing. And then we have accessories—some girls have barrettes that are designed by Rodarte in gold and silver. They look like a little piece that has fallen down from a crown, and we place them in a really unexpected way. There’s always two barrettes—you know, strange.” GET THE LOOK:
- Start with damp hair.
- For added texture and body, spray Kérastase Powder Bluff, on the roots and in between all layers of hair. For medium/thick hair textures, apply a liberal amount of Kérastase Crème de la Crème on hair to help control the look.
- Next, roughly blow-dry hair using fingers which allows for a natural finish. Twirl strands of hair with fingers throughout, as necessary, for subtle texture.
- Find the hair’s natural part using fingers or the end of comb, then place the hair accessory in different unexpected places for an avant-garde, playful look.
- Secure placement of hair accessories by fastening with bobby pins.
- Finish the style with Kérastase Laque Dentelle for a flexible, natural hold.
What do you think of this dramatic collection??
Would you rock these barrettes? Sound off below!!