Inspired by the gorgeous details and bright colors of her Zuhair Murad gown, Justine Marjan gave Olivia Culpo a regal braided updo that sat at the back of her hair for last night’s Golden Globes. From the front she looked like a modern day Frida Kahlo and from the back a Spanish aristocrat.
The inspiration from the look came directly from the brain of Olivia, who envisioned a braid on each side, that was tucked away by a section of hair that layed on top. “We wanted an updo that you could see when you looked at her straight on,” says Justine, who is the newest ambassador for ghd. Below she explains exactly how to create this intricate chignon.
GET THE LOOK:
- Prep hair with ghd Split End Therapy then blow-dry with the ghd Air Blow Dryer and the ghd Ceramic Vent Round Brush with a middle part and smooth finish.
- Clip a one inch section of hair on either side of the from hairline parting away,
- On both sides, create a small dutch braid underneath the parting to where the bun will lay in the back, then pin the braid away.
- Release the clipped section, and let it fall over the braid, then pin into place at the nape of the neck.
- On the remaining hair, clip in extensions for fullness neat the nape, then create random 3 strand braids throughout the remaining hair.
- Wrap the hair up into a bun and pin into place.
- Spray with firm hold hairspray to finish.
What do you think about the return of the updo at this year’s Golden Globes? Let us know in the comments below.
SHOP THIS STORY