Quickly being hailed as the highlight of Fashion Week, Diane Von Furstenberg’s Spring and Summer 2016 collection screams 70s glamour with bold prints, butterflies, and voluminous textured waves inspired by the designer herself! On what inspired the vibrant tropical theme, Diane says “I love seeing all the girls head out at night with their natural waves fresh from the beach, just tucked behind their ear with a flower, it reminded me of how I used to wear my own hair back in the 1970s and I wanted Orlando to inject that carefree vibe into the show.”
The star-studded runway featured all your favorite models, from the stunning Karlie Kloss kicking off the show, to supermodel Lily Adridge, and BFF’s Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid. This isn’t the first time they’ve made magic when working together, on key hair was TRESemmé’s New York Fashion Week Ambassador, Orlando Pita. Orlando shows us how to recreate the look at home and talks about his vision for the model’s manes, “This look is really all about Diane! Before the show, she was sharing photos with me of herself in the 1970s where it was the first time she’d let her hair fall in its natural wave and I just loved the texture and the volume she had so I wanted the girls rock a little of her personality today.” GET THE LOOK:
- Create a deep side part.
- Layer TRESemme Make Waves Shaping Gel and TRESemme Make Waves Shine Enhancing Cream onto a 2-inch wide section of hair, then twist and secure in a bun.
- Start with one row of buns at the base of the neck and then create a second row around the crown and forehead until all hair is secured.
- Use a hair dryer to dry each twisted bun, or leave to air dry. When dry, unravel each bun, pulling apart the hair twists as you unravel.
- Use a soft bristle brush to brush out the waves and lightly tease the front section to create soft volume.
- Finish the look by tucking your hair behind one ear and spraying TRESemme Perfectly (un)Done Ultra Brushable Hairspray for flexible hold. Add florals, pins or a hair accessory where the hair is tucked back.
We can’t wait to adorn our hair with those AMAZING tropical flower accessories.
Would you rock this fun and flirty hairstyle? We want to know what you think!!