If there’s a pony that stood out during last night’s People’s Choice Awards, it was Olivia Munn’s textured ‘do! We loved the wispy face framing pieces and how fresh the textured style looked. We got a word from her hair stylist, Maranda Widlund, who explained how to recreate the style at home.
“We decided to give Olivia a cool textured ponytail to go with her couture-sequined dress.”
1. “I started by prepping the hair with Matrix Biolage VOLUMEBLOOM Full Lift Volumizer Spray, working it in at the roots to add a lot of height.
2. Then I curled sections of the hair and tossed them, giving it a slight beachy curl, and put it up in a high ponytail.
3. I finished with Matrix Biolage Complete Control Fast-Drying Hairspray to ensure every piece stayed where it’s meant to!
4. Her look is very glamorous, but with a modern twist.
5. This look works better if the hair is not completely clean to start. You can use Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner as an alternative to washing your hair, which will help keep natural oils in the hair and make it easier to create more bounce.”