While we love to style our hair for hours on end, there’s moments when simple is better. Which is why we NEED to know how to perfect the art of air dried hair for our low maintenance days. Fortunately, editorial stylist Wesley O’Meara is here to break down the best way to create beautiful model off duty manes [much like his client Laura Santo Domingo].
TO PERFECT THE LOOK:
1. “I suggest starting with a great shampoo and conditioner. KMS has a great “tame frizz” set that is a nice price point and really does the trick!
2. Once out of the shower, add John Frieda’s Original Six Effects Serum to the entire lengths of the hair while it is still really wet. This product is KEY for awesome air dried hair! [Be sure to] use more product for thick hair and less for fine.
3. Then simply towel dry your hair and twist it up in a high bun. Once the hair dries in the bun it is left with a really nice “model off duty” bend.
4. When completely dry, remove the bun and give the hair a shake.
5. Spray AG High and Dry to the roots for instant lift and texture. Massaging the scalp with your fingertips is a great way to help the product achieve it’s full potential.
6. To finish, spritz Balmain Texturizing Salt Spray through the ends, and you’re good to go!”
Be sure to follow @wessles on Instagram for more great hair insights!