When 1970s Bronx NYC and Wild West of the 1800s collide, Public School NYC AW16 happens. The collection’s cool cowl necks and capes required equally cool hair, which Allen Ruiz made happen with a mini faux bob that easily tucked inside and outside a collared winter coat.
While working his magic on models backstage, Ruiz told us, “I want it to look messy, but I want it to look done [and] polished. We just wanna make her a little less glamorous than when she walked in and a little more natural.” Keep reading for Ruiz’s steps to achieving his “in and out” faux bob.
GET THE LOOK:
- To keep style smooth and static-free all day, prep hair with Aveda Smooth Infusion Nourishing Style Creme and blow dry hair straight.
- Begin to flat iron sections of hair and create small, hidden braid from ear to ear at the back of the head as an anchor for the style.
- Pull hair into a low ponytail and secure an elastic around the style 2-inches below the nape of the neck.
- With hair secured back, take the elastic base and move up to where the hidden braid rests and pin the elastic to the braid to place final faux bob style.
- Set the look with Aveda Control Force Firm Hair Spray.
Check out our other faux bob how-to’s.
Backstage photos: @desiraecherie