To no surprise, James Pecis created the perfect braided feminine look for yesterday’s Rachel Comey SS16 show. To complement the ethereal desert vibes and earthy palette of the clothing, James created a “post-apocalytptic warrior” inspired hair style with waves full of frizz and texture and bundled braids. If you’re looking for your spring Coachella/Palm Springs look, this is definitely going to be the coveted style of the year.
James explains how to recreate the look for Beauty.com using PHYTO below…
GET THE LOOK:
- Prep the hair with Phytovolume Actif Volumizing Spray and rough dry it in. The goal is to get added volume and texture into the hair
- Roughly go through the hair section by section, adding in the Phyto Professional Matte Texturizing Paste. This will give the hair the tackiness to hold the look together.
- Divide the hair into five sections: one at the top, one on each side and two in the back.
- Within each of these sections, pull the hair back and tie the hair into square knots. The result will look like a knot-braid, which will be secured with an elastic hair band at the end.
- Finish by misting Phytolaque Soie Hairspray to keep in place.
What do you think of the post-apocalytpic desert inspired braids? Sound off in the comments!