We’d like to believe that every piece in Rodarte’s FW16 collection came straight out of the closet of an angel residing in one of heaven’s enchanted gardens. Lead hairstylist Odile Gilbert took an undone, organic approach with hair to balance the intricacy of the collection’s lace-laden frocks.
Orchids and lilies made for romantic flower crowns and ear embellishments. Gilbert shared with us that her goal was to create “fresh, natural” tresses. Angelic, effortless waves and imperfect chignons were sure signs that she succeeded. Give yourself some time to absorb the beauty of Gilbert’s looks–and not to forget, the full details on each hairstyle are below.
GET THE LOOK: ETHEREAL WAVES
- Prep hair by washing thoroughly with Odile’s favorite, Schwarzkopf BC Bonacure Color Freeze Sulfate-Free Shampoo, followed by conditioning with Schwarzkopf BC Bonacure Color Freeze Conditioner to seal in color and bring hair to optimal pH.
- When the hair is wet apply Schwarzkopf OSiS+ Flatliner, which seals the ends for controlled texture. Blow dry with a diffuser and using your fingers, take small sections and work hands into a twist and squeeze hair to create loose waves.
- Once dry, generously shake cult-classic Schwarzkopf OSiS+ Dust It Mattifying Powder into hands, applying from mid length to ends of the hair with the same twisting and squeezing motion to create texture and wave.
GET THE LOOK: UNDONE CHIGNON
- Follow steps 1-3 of Ethereal Waves for the base look.
- Using fingers, pull back hair into a loose chignon and pin with bobby pins.
- Pull out a few short whispering pieces to delicately frame the face.
- Finish with a light mist of Schwarzkopf OSiS+ Elastic Flexible Hold Hair Spray to seal in the look.
Omg, we can’t take our eyes off these dreamy ‘dos.
Backstage photos: @desiraecherie