There’s no denying that Rosie Huntington Whiteley was the belle of the ball at Thursday’s Griffith Observatory Burberry fashion show in Los Angeles. The model showed off her layered ‘lob’ with a perfect hair flip and loose undone waves that complemented her gorgeous facial features. We tracked down the man behind the mane, Christian Wood, who let us in on how he created her style…
“When I saw her Burberry dress, I knew I wanted to create something that evoked a beachy rock ‘n roll vibe to keep her look young, modern, and fresh.”
1. Start by blow drying hair until completely dry using your hands only.
2. Spray Toni&Guy Hair Meet Wardwrobe Sea Salt Texturizing Spray all over the hair, from roots through midlengths and ends.
3. Rough dry product into the hair.
Pro Tip: You can control the product better when applied to dry hair to create rougher ‘beach texture’, volume and lift.
4. Once product has been dried into the hair, begin curling with a medium sized curling iron, starting at the nape of the neck. Create an undone wave by alternating directions of the curl. Meaning one piece will wrap around the iron to the right, then the next piece will wrap around the iron to the left and so forth. This creates different movement in the hair. Continue in this pattern until the entire head has been curled.
5. Add Toni&Guy Hair Meet Wardwrobe Sculpting Powder to roots at the parting and crown then rub in to create more texture and volume.
6. Brush out all waves with a Mason Pearson hairbrush.
7. Mist with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray all over, then tease and pinch random pieces with fingers to break up the waves and create more texture around the crown and parting. This creates a sexier more rock and roll lived in texture feel.
Be sure to follow @cwoodhair for more #manespiration.