How Sam McKnight Created Soft Waves At Alexandre Vauthier SS17 Couture
Latest posts by Deanna McCormack (see all)
- 5 Best Hair Fragrances for Summer - May 31, 2019
- THIS Is How Stress Really Affects Your Hair - March 25, 2019
- This is Easily the Best Haircut For Low Maintenance Girls - March 24, 2019
There were definite ’80s glam vibes at the Alexandre Vauthier SS17 Couture Show in Paris this week (think bold colors, assymetrical shapes and metallics) but the hair was surprisingly soft, which added an element of modernity to the looks. Key hairstylist Sam McKnight said, “the hair was sexy, shiny, healthy, gorgeous. It was kind of early ‘80s, well done but in a natural way so it wasn’t overdone. There was an element of Brooke Shields that inspired the hair so there was that glossy, wavy idea”.
GET THE LOOK:
- Pre-nourish hair with L’Oréal Professionnel Mythic Oil.
- Work Volume by L’Oréal Professionnel Tecni Art Mousse throughout hair to lift roots and add extra volume to blowout.
- Once dry, iron curl the lengths then clip up the curls and spray with Infinium hairspray
for extra hold.
- Reverse the hair (aka flip upside down), brush it out and spray with more Infinium hairspray
to enhance volume.
Backstage Photos by Molly SJ Lowe
SHOP THE POST