Sacai’s SS16 collection in Paris was an amazing array of mixed prints, unusual textures, and both structured and draped pieces with bright pops of color. So as not to distract from the designs, key hairstylist Guido Palau for Redken created a very simple, clean blowdry with a middle part for the models.
To reduce bulk, the bottom layer of the hair was braided and pinned to the scalp. If the models wore bangs, they were tossed with the fingers to look natural.
To complete the look, the model’s manes were actually tucked behind the ears and into the clothes!
We caught up with the Mane Master himself on how to steal the look straight from the runway. Here, he breaks down the feminine, sophisticated hairstyle. “The look was very simple, very modern,” he says. “I used satinwear 02 to blow dry the hair super luxuriously smooth. It was tucked into the clothes and tucked behind the ears. It’s a very modern look that can be worn by every woman.”
GET THE LOOK:
- Prep damp hair with Redken Pillowproof Express Primer.
- Apply 4-5 pumps of Redken Diamond Oil (to smooth) and a nickel sized amount of Satin Wear (to protect from the heat).
- Create a clean middle part and blowdry strands smooth with a Mason Pearson Brush.
- Braid hair underneath the occiput if needed to remove bulk.
- Use a paper and no crease clips to keep hair behind the shoulders until dressed, and tuck into clothing if desired.
Would you wear your hair tucked into your clothing? Sound off in the comments below!