Though Sarah Hyland is known for her enviable textured waves and jaw dropping extensions, her look at last night’s SAG Awards was a welcome change. With a gorgeous full blowout and shiny healthy looking strands, Ryan Richman transformed her hair from starlet to leading lady. Keep reading to hear how Ryan created the look.
“Sarah wore a strapless J. Mendel dress so she wanted to wear her hair down. We have done a lot of textured looks in the past, so today I wanted her hair to look healthy, shiny, and voluminous.”
GET THE LOOK:
- “First, I shampooed her hair with Dove Regenerative Nourishment Shampoo to help resist breakage, leaving the hair smooth and manageable. I used a generous amount of Dove Regenerative Nourishment Conditioner on the ends of the hair – enriched with Red Algae + Keratin Nutri Complex, it repairs hairs internal structure and instantly leaves it with a healthy look and feel.
- On towel-dried hair, I used a palm full of Dove Style+Care Nourishing Amplifier Mousse and combed it through the roots with my finger tips for long-lasting volume and bounce. On the ends of the hair, I used a few pumps of Dove Regenerative Nourishment Serum-In-Oil to prevent split ends and leave the hair shiny and soft.
- Then, using a medium boar bristle round brush I began blow drying 1″ sections of hair directing the hair straight up off of the scalp to I went over each section with a large barrel curling iron (1 1/2″) from base to ends, spraying Dove Style+Care Strength & Shine Flexible Hold Hairspray on each sections before curling, and reset with clips.
- I sprayed the roots with Dove Volume & Fullness Dry Shampoo before taking out the clips. Tip: Let the dry shampoo sit for a few minutes to absorb excess oil from the scalp leaving the hair clean and soft.
- Lastly, I removed the clips and brushed the setting out using a Mason Pearson style brush. I set a deep side part and finished with Dove Style+Care Strength & Shine Extra Hold Hairspray to lock the style in place.”
Follow @ryanrichman for more #manespiration.