How To Transition Your Hair From Summer to Fall This Year
Latest posts by Nina Aghadjanian (see all)
- 9 Brush Options Less Expensive Than the Mason Pearson - September 18, 2019
- Steph Shep Looks Unrecognizable In These Sexy Hairstyles - September 18, 2019
- The Best Brushes to Use on Thick Hair - September 16, 2019
September 22nd marks the first day of fall but when it comes to our fall to summer hair color transition? Psh, you know we’re forgoing official dates. This year pastels and balayage continued popping up, but as beach days die down, it’s time to level up on fall’s fierce-o-meter. We tapped Ramirez Tran colorist Ariel Hauck for her tips on how to transition out of our summer strands and into on-trend fall tresses—keep scrolling for her suggestions based on your current hair color and skin tone. Hint: Cool tones are going to be huge.
Cool Tones are In
Low Maintenance is a Must
Ariel’s fall hair color suggestions for someone whose current summer color is:
- Blonde balayage- Try to go a bit cooler, maybe even icy and silver.
- Red hair- Go deeper! Deeper and richer is gorgeous for fall and beautiful on the right skin tone.
- Pastel/bubblegum pink hair- If your hair is already pastel, trying enhancing it with a more deep rich color, pastel is very summer and coachella vibes, now that its fall switch it up with something still bold but richer, you’re already there, so why not?
Ariel’s top fall color picks for someone with:
- Warm skin tone- Cool tones will be your best friend.
- Cool skin tone- Most people assume warmth, but I do think staying more neutral with your color will complement you best.
- Dark skin tone- Keep depth!!!! Most girls with dark hair crave to be blonde but keep your depth and caramel tones will always be your best suit.