Hairstylist Bok-Hee is known for her editorial masterpieces. With a portfolio of curated, artistic, and work that spans across diverse hair shapes and textures, it only made sense that she partner with Cantu Hair Products for their first NYFW show with Tracy Reese.
The show featured a mix of models, of which are both inspirational and noteworthy, real women such as Bethann Hardison, supermodel and black activist, and Sasheer Zamata, SNL’s beloved castmember and comedian.
Bok-Hee utilized each of the model’s natural hair texture to inspire a whimsical, ethereal half-up style with beautiful floral adornments and hair accessories that perfectly matched the airy, feminine ensembles of Tracey’s collection.
GET THE LOOK:
- Starting with the natural hair texture, work through a small amount of Cantu Wave Whip Curling Mousse to define natural wave pattern.
- Take a large section from the sides, top and crown area and loosely pull into messy half bun, using an elastic to secure it in place. Make sure to leave a few wispy pieces falling naturally along the sides of the face back through the nape of the neck.
- Gently tug on hair that is pulled back to add slight imperfections, then loosely pin the bun to head.
- Spritz Cantu Coil Calm Detangler to loosen and define texture of hair that is not in the knot.
- Finish off the look with a few sprigs of baby’s breathe or a jeweled barrette.
SHOP THIS STORY