Stuck in a food coma from holiday sweets? We’ve got the perfect lazy girl’s pick me up hairstyle with this funky mohawk braided chignon. Easy to re-create, no one will guess you haven’t washed your hair in days.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
If it’s been a few days since you’ve washed your hair, prep this style by spraying your roots with dry shampoo to build texture and absorb any excess oils.
If you’re hair is freshly washed, use a texture spray to create grit and hold within your strands.
- Begin by creating a mohawk u-shaped section from from the front of your hairline through the crown of your head. This will be your braided section mohawk section. Clip away.
- Gather your remaining hair and secure with an elastic near the roots. Create a basic three strand braid through the ends then secure with another elastic.
- Use your fingers to gently pull apart and dishevel your braid to create added texture. Mist with hairspray to hold.
- Release the clip from your top section of hair and starting at the hairline create a basic french braid until all the remaining hair has been braided. Secure the ends with an elastic.
- Use French pins to secure the tail portion of the mohawk braid to the scalp.
- Twist remaining hair into a bun, using French pins, bobby pins and your fingers to shape and secure.
- Use your fingers to gently pull out some face framing strands or to loosen the braid on the top of the head, then mist with hairspray to finish.
For flexible hold and workable styles.
Perfect for absorbing excess oils from the hair and creating a matte finish.
The amazing spray that mixes hairspray with dry shampoo, adding matte texture to the hair. Great for building volume and hold.