WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Sea Salt Spray
- Hair Elastics
- Flat Iron
- Waving Iron
- Mason Pearson Brush
- Dry Texture Spray
- Smoothing Serum
There are two approaches to this style. If you want to prep this look the night before, spray a generous amount of sea salt spray through your mid lengths and ends then create 4, 3 strand braids through your hair, securing the ends with an elastic. Sleep with your hair in these braids and skip the below steps 1-3.
1. Prep hair by spraying a generous amount of sea salt spray through lengths and ends. If you’re hair was dry and not freshly washed, spray enough sea salt spray so that hair is damp.
2. Blowdry hair with a Mason Pearson brush, using tension on the brush near the top (to smooth the roots) and blowdrying with your hands to ensure the ends are more voluminous and textured.
3. Separate your hair into 4 sections, and create a simple three strand braid through each section, securing the ends with an elastic.
4. Run your flat iron over the braids and use your fingers to make sure the entire length of the braid is heated through, then let the braids set for at least 15 minutes.
5. After 15 minutes, remove the elastics from the braids and use your Mason Pearson to gently brush them out.
6. Go over any areas on the hair where you would like more defined waves with your waving iron (but be careful to only hold the iron on the hair for a moment as holding for too long will create larger waves).
7. Spray the ends with Dry Texture Spray to ensure the style has enough hold to last all night.
7. Use your flat iron to smooth the roots if needed, otherwise use some smoothing serum through your palms to tame any flyways and frizz from the top.
WHAT WE RECOMMEND:
For an updated version of crimping.
The perfect texturizing spray to build grit and hold in the hair.
Our favorite multi-use serum. It’s like ‘lotion for the hair’ giving it polish and second day moisture.