Suno’s F/W 2016 runway show boasted a collection of clothing that embraced high necklines, geometric patterns, and dark, billowy textures. We caught up with Mane Master, Odile Gilbert before the show who told us that the designer wanted something that was down, off the face into a ponytail, and sophisticated.
This look was all about creating a graphic, yet chic style. By crisscrossing the beautiful, velvet satin ribbon, it helped bring an element of texture to the ponytail.
GET THE LOOK:
- Prep and wash hair with Nutritive Bain Satin 1 and Nutritive Lait Vital.
- On damp hair, apply the NEW! L’Incroyable Blowdry Heat Lotion (Launching in May) all over the hair and Crème de la Crème to just the ends. “This just puts the hair into great condition,” says Odile.
- Next, part the hair down the middle and roughly blow-dry. After dry, apply Powder Bluff at the roots (for greasy roots) or V.I.P (for extra volume).
- Then, pull hair back into a low ponytail and secure with an elastic. Gently loosen hair around the nape of the neck to give a lived in, natural look.
- Spray hair all over with Laque Dentelle.
- Next, take ribbon and wrap the ponytail, crisscrossing the ribbon down the hair, “like a corset.” Tie the ribbon once 3/4 of the way down the ponytail.
- Finish the style by spraying Laque Dentelle all over for a flexible, versatile hold.
We don’t know about you, but we’ll definitely be rocking a velvet pony this fall!