Ben Skervin is one of our favorite session artists. Whether he’s styling a celebrity for the red carpet or working to create the concept for a magazine cover, his work stands apart. So we had to know- what tools are behind the man? What does he use to get those polished strands and perfectly placed pieces? Well Ben opened up his kit and let us dig inside…
- Bumble and bumble Thickening Spray – “I love this for blow drying! It gives hair the guts I need.”
- Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray – “This is a life saver for the texture it gives hair.”
- Elnett Hairspray – “I buy it when I’m in London.”
- Harry Josh Blowdryer – “It’s so light and powerful!”
- Harry Josh Round Brush – “So great for a smooth finish.”
- “For waves, curls, and straightening I love my GHD tools. They are set to the perfect temperature for all heat styling.
- For ponytails I use strips of elastic instead of bands. It keeps the hair tight and holds the shape of your pony in place while tying it.”
“I couldn’t do without my Makita leaf blower– it’s my mini wind machine. It’s great on location.
Does Ben’s kit look like yours? Let us know in the comments and be sure to follow @benskervin for more #manespiration.