The queen of beach babe color, Bianca Hiller of Sally Hershberger Salon in LA has divulged to us her ultimate hair companions. The woman behind Rocky Barnes, Chrisspy, and Sazan Hendrix‘s flawless balayage, she has a technique and application like none other. Now, while taking over the Middle East (she’s known to have stints at Belle Femme Salon in Dubai and Beautopia in Bahrain), she’s known for seamless surfer highlights that look sunkissed, not stripey. So what does the balayage babe swear by?! Take a look to find out…
- FRAMAR LONG HEAVYWEIGHT FOILS. These are good for balayage in a foil for a more dense highlight. I like them because they slide out of the hair without snagging and/or blurring my paintings.
- FRAMAR MEDIUM SIZED BALAYAGE BRUSH. The accu-soft unique bristles allow for cleaner strokes.
- OLAPLEX. To insure the integrity of the hair.
- RENE FURTERER PURPLE SHAMPOO. To eliminate brass and neutralize tones.
- I use Redken Flashlift as my lightener on balayage, foils, saran, cotton and/or on my bleach and tones. I love Flashlift because it seems to cut through the orange phases and move into the yellow underlying pigment easier than other lighteners I have tried.
- I love Loreal Dialight to tone with because it gives a dense opaque hue that tends to eliminate any unwanted tones without deepening the colour too much.
- I use Redken Shades EQ on top of Dialight to give the proper shine. I want the hair to glisten in sunlight. Sometimes it’s necessary to cancel tones (Dialight) and then to input the colours (Shades EQ) you prefer to see in the hair. I love to layer colours.
Follow @biancacolours for some major hair envy.