Editorial Mane Master Conrad Dornan has had a unique path into the realm of hairdressing and maintains a unique approach to doing hair. Beginning with an education in Political Science, and a career in the music industry before entering the world of Aveda and Bumble and now being the owner of his own SeeRad salon in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, let’s just say Dornan doesn’t take the straightforward approach. Knowing this much about him, I naturally found myself wondering what he considers to be a must-have on set and took inventory. Have a look:
- Bb Grooming Creme: An all around amazing lightweight creme – great for grooming on men, or creating definition and separation on women. Tames flyaways like an ace too.
- Shu Uemura Satin Design: Great for the effortless street style looks. Helps add shine and flow to the hair. Great to use in place of any oil or silicone product to avoid the hair getting too greasy.
- Oribe Apres Beach Spray: Gives great shine and helps to enhance natural curls in the hair without having to wait for the hair to dry like most “surf sprays”.
- L’Oreal Elnett: God’s gift to hairdressing. Only the european cans though.
- Tigi Extra Strong Hold Mousse: Great for a super textured hold.
- Jam Gel: Keeps the hair wet for that fresh-out-the-shower or off-the-beach look, and it’s stock won’t break the bank.
“My must have tools are a medium round brush, Mason Pearson, teasing comb, tail comb and a blow dryer. There’s almost nothing you can’t do with these if you know how to use them correctly. Hot rollers are tight to keep on hand as well.
“Burton bags. With numerous compartments they are great for separating tools from extensions, and products from everything else. Also – I can geek out on kit extras in the container store for days – it’s an OCD dream.”
Be sure to follow @seerad to see what this Mane Master creates.