I first met Marshall Lin backstage during New York Fashion Week where he was creating beautiful brushed waves for Alice and Olivia’s AW 2016 show. The way we saw him set and brush the model’s hair was just as enchanting as his warm and inviting personality. A stylist at Frederick Fekkai for nearly 10 years, Marshall has made a name for himself in the industry amongst the fashion elite, styling stars such as Kate Bosworth, Olivia Palmero, Christina Aguilera, Owen Wilson and Coco Rocha as well as working shows for Rachel Zoe, Oscar de la Renta, Valentino, Diane Von Faustenberg, Proenza Schouler, Vera Wang, Thakoon, Rag and Bone, and Rachel Roy. While he was using Fekkai products when we met him, we had to wonder what else the Mane Master swears by. Take a look inside Marshall Lin’s bag…
- Solano Supersolano Blow Dryer “I love the tension this dryer gives hair. When you turn on the slow mode, it’s so soft and mild.”
- BaByliss Pro Curling Iron and Straightening Iron “provide the perfect heat and the metal is so smooth. Hair changes shape right away, there’s no need to redo or go over it.”
- Olivia Garden Brush “So smooth and locks the hair really well.”
- YS Park Brush “It creates the best tension. The quality is awesome.”
- Kasha Scissors (Black Edition) “Just like the Rolex of scissors. Guaranteed quality.”
- Moroccan Oil Styling Comb “It combs hair the best. Right in between—not too strong and not too weak. Plus, very easy to control.”
- Toni&Guy Cutting Comb Anti Static “One tool I can’t live without. It comes everything perfectly.”
- All the products I use create that no-product-used effect, for hair that looks beautiful and seemingly free of any styling products.
- Frederic Fekkai Full Blown Volume Lightweight Styling Whip “It gives hair a strong hold, but also a soft touch, allowing many textures to be created. Not sticky at all. It’s like a revolution for the mousse.”
Follow @marshalllinstyle for more #manespiration.