Willow Shield’s may be known for her long braided hair in the Hunger Games, but at last night’s Mockingjay 2 premiere, she turned heads with a chic fashion lob with lots of texture. The man behind the mane, Ryan Richman, breaks down how he created her look below.
GET THE LOOK:
1. “I prepped damp hair with Kérastase Mousse Bouffante to add body throughout the style.
2. Using my blow dryer and my fingers I rough dried the hair focusing at the root.
PRO TIP: For added volume flip upside down or use your fingers to lift the hair 90 degrees from the scalp while blow drying.
3. When the hair was about 90% dry I misted the style with Kérastase Spray à Porter, a great thickening spray for extra hold and a tousled effect. I finished the blow dry with a medium boar bristle round brush being careful not to over smooth the hair and to leave some natural texture.
4. Using a 1″ flat iron I enhanced the natural wave of the hair. At the root of a 1″ section of hair I closed the iron softly and slid the iron down the hair while bending it back and forth in opposite directions following the natural ‘S’ pattern in the hair. I continued this throughout the entire head and finished each section with Matrix Style Link Perfect Volume Hairspray.
5. To finish the look I applied a small amount of Kerastase Short Mania Semi-Matte Paste to my fingers tips and tousled the hair focusing at the root to break up the style. I created a messy deep side part with my fingers and sprayed the style with Batiste Dry Shampoo for a matte textured finish.”
What do you think of Willow’s textured style? Let us know in the comments below!